The origin of leudo transport vessels is very vague. According to some sources this ship originated from a type of medieval boat with two masts and a Latin sail. The ship's hull has a distinctive oval shape, which contributes to its excellent stability. These vessels were cargo ships, weighing from 15 to 20 tons, with a hull length of about 15 meters. These ships were intended for transportation of various goods in the Mediterranean Sea, such as weapons, garments, agricultural and industrial goods. However, they are most widely known as transporters of wine.
- Scale 1:48.
- Assembled dimensions are (LxWxH) 17.25" x 4.75" x 15.75" (440mm x 120mm x 400mm ).
- All wooden parts are laser cut to simplify assembly.
- Double plank-on-bulkhead hull.
- Multitude of highly detailed wooden, cast and photo etched brass parts: barrels, hatch locks, anchor.
- Cloth for making sails is provided.
- Ship stand.
- Assembly photo instructions.
- Made in Russia by Falkonet .