Royal Yacht "Duchess of Kingston" 1:64VM/06
The royal yacht built for The Duchess of Kingston was built by the shipbuilders JM Hillhouse of Bristol in the late 1770’s. This type of vessel seemed to retain many older, more classical features, compared to those built for the Royal Navy, making the yacht look more a product of the late 17th/early 18th Century.
The dimensions on the original plans are as follows:
- Keel length – 68 Feet
- Range of deck length – 81 Feet
- Moulded Breadth – 24 Feet
- Depth of hold under beams – 10 Feet
- Burthen in tons – 206
The Duchess of Kingston kit has been researched to depict her as per the original plans, drawn up by Hillhouse of Bristol.
- Scale 1:64.
- Assembled dimensions are (LxWxH) 22.75" x 8.25" x 18.75" (576mm x 208mm x 480mm ).
- Laser cut parts in MDF and clear acetate. All visible parts are laser cut in pear wood sheet
- Laser cut pear wood ladders and gratings included as standard
- Laser etched and cut maple decks with treenail detail
- All of the area at and above deck level is pre-cut, it is only the area below this that requires planking – even the main wales are pre-cut.
- 5 sheets of photo etched brass
- Cast black resin 4 pounder cannon barrels along with black acrylic cannon balls
- Double planked hull in limewood for first planking and pear wood for second planking
- Walnut dowel for mast and yards
- Multiple sizes of both black and natural rigging thread along with all necessary blocks and deadeyes
- The full colour instruction manual is our most comprehensive yet, along with 13 full size plan sheets which include all masting and rigging drawings.
- Made in the UK by Vanguard Models