Double boat 1737 1:72MK0201
Double boat was a small sailing and rowing vessel used by the Russian navy in the 18th century. These boats were designed for operations on rivers, in estuaries and near coasts.
The double boats were predecessors of gunboats and performed the same tasks as well as troop landing and transportation functions. They were used as aviso boats as well.
Depending on the period of construction, the double boats had from 9 to 20 pairs of oars. Initially, their rigging consisted of two masts with lateen sails, later - one detachable mast with square sails. Early double boats didn't have a deck, while later ones had one deck.
This 1:72 scale kit made by Master Korabel is modeled after the double boats made in 1736-1737 and offers the same exceptional level of quality and attention to details as their other best selling kits!
- Scale 1:72.
- Assembled dimensions are (LxWxH) 11.85" x 3" x 10.25" (300mm x 78mm x 260mm ).
- All wooden parts are laser cut to simplify assembly.
- Hull design compensates for material deformations.
- Single plank-on-bulkhead hull.
- Historically accurate cast cannons.
- High quality pearwood blocks.
- Multitude of highly detailed brass parts.
- Sail plans and cloth for sewing the sails.
- Silk screen flags.
- Ship stand with two nameplates, one in English and one in Russian
- Ship plans and translated plans in English.
- Assembly instructions in English.
- Made in Russia by Master Korabel .