Fifie "Lady Eleanor" 1:64VM/04
The Fifie was a very attractive and numerous fishing boat that was commonly seen around the waters off the east coast of Scotland from around 1850, and in operation for around a century. These were very popular and successful vessels and real workhorses for those Scottish fishing communities, particularly in landing herring. The Fifie had more of a traditional layout, with no steeply raked sternpost, and she was almost symmetrical in side view, with quite a wide beam for a relatively short vessel.
- Scale 1:64.
- Assembled dimensions are (LxWxH) 15" x 4.25" x 12.75" (380mm x 105mm x 327mm ).
- Double planking in limewood and second planking in pearwood strip
- Laser cut and laser etched materials
- Photo etched brass sheet
- Fittings in wood and metal
- 8 plan sets containing all the information for making the masts, yards and very simple rigging layout
- Made in the UK by Vanguard Models
The model kit is designed to be as accurate as possible for a commercial kit in both scale and detail and has been developed with the beginner to intermediate modeller in mind, with some aspects simplified for ease of construction. More experienced modellers can modify the kit how they wish. This kit is an ideal introduction to the world of Plank on Bulkhead (POB) modelling, and the modeller will learn many valuable lessons through its construction.