Imperial Yacht "Uvalen" 1:48F0505
This small two masted yacht was built in 1862 for the nine-year old Prince Nikolai, the eldest son of the Russian tsar Alexander II.
Drawings of this vessel, which belonged to a type of pilot boats and had overall length (LOA) of only 42 feet (12.8 meters) were presented by a prefect of the French port Lorient and the boat was built in Kronstadt shipyard under the supervision of Vice Admiral von Shants.
From 1867 to 1878 the boat was part of a practice squadron of the Baltic Fleet.
- Scale 1:48.
- Assembled dimensions are (LxWxH) 18" x 3.25" x 14.25" (456mm x 83mm x 360mm ).
- All wooden parts are laser cut to simplify assembly.
- The hull planks are anigre, the deck is maple and the inner bulwark is redwood.
- Clinker hull construction.
- Single plank-on-bulkhead hull.
- Multitude of highly detailed wooden, cast and photo etched brass parts.
- Cloth for making sails is provided.
- Ship stand.
- Assembly photo instructions.
- Made in Russia by Falkonet .