Picenian Ship Novilara 1:35 (Upgraded)MA910
These Picenian ships were built in the 6th century BC along the coast of present day Croatia and Italy by Picentes and Liburnians. The ships sailed the entire Adriatic Sea and were used for both trade and warfare.
Archaeologists were able to reconstruct an image of what these ships looked like from a stone tablet found near ancient Pisaurum (modern day Pesaro in Italy). This ancient tablet shows a battle between Picene and Liburnian fleets, both using these same ships.
This model of a Picenian Ship has a rostrum (a ram) which was used to pierce the hulls of enemy ships in battle.
- Scale 1:35.
- Assembled length is 27.25" (690mm).
- Structural wooden parts are laser cut to simplify assembly. (There are 4 laser cut billets)
- Single plank-on-bulkhead hull. The hull planks are made of walnut.
- The sails are embroidered on the cloth.
- Different diameters of tan threads for standing and running rigging.
- Ship stand with nameplate.
- Ship plans (one large sheet).
- Assembly instructions in English.
- This kit is designed for experiences builders.
- Made in Croatia by MarisStella.