Plymouth Trawler "Erycina" 1:64VM/09
Erycina was originally built as a cutter. She was designed by H.V. Prigg and built by W.H. Shilston, Coxside, Sutton Harbour in 1882. She was converted to a ketch rig in 1894.
Due to her pedigree, Erycina has unusually beautiful lines, described as a ‘Crack Ketch’, and handled more like a racing yacht than a fishing vessel. Erycina fished along the South West UK coast for over 50 years, an incredibly long career for such a vessel. Her overall length was 71 feet, with a length between perpendiculars of 63 feet. The moulded bredth of 17 foot 2 inches was rather more fine than that of the average trawler, but she was built for speed, and of- ten raced at regattas with with the crack Brixham Smack, Ibex. In 22 races at Plymouth regattas, Erycina won 15 first, 4 second and 2 third prizes.
- Scale 1:64.
- Assembled dimensions are (LxWxH) 20.6" x 3.5" x 15" (524mm x 90mm x 380mm ).
- Laser cut and engraved parts in MDF and pear wood.
- Laser cut pear wood ladders and companionway
- Laser etched and cut maple decks with treenail detail
- 1 sheet of photo etched brass
- High resolution 3D-printed parts and brass turned parts.
- Double planked hull in limewood for first planking and pear wood for second planking.
- Walnut dowel for mast, gaff, and boom.
- Multiple sizes of both black and natural rigging thread along with all necessary blocks and deadeyes
- The full colour 64-page instruction manual is our most comprehensive yet, along with FIFTEEN plan sheets which include all masting and rigging drawings.
- Waterslide decal sheet
- Made in the UK by Vanguard Models
Erycina kit incorporates the very latest in design techniques, yet is suitable for the total beginner, as well as the seasoned modeller who wants to create something a little different and go to new lengths. To help capture the very fine hull lines, this kit has no less than 16 bulkheads that slot into its keel. Even though this kit is primarily aimed at beginners, it has no less detail in terms of scale. This is a fully-featured model kit. The laser-engraved deck is made from maple ply. Walnut dowel is provided for masts etc. We anticipate Erycina will take around 100-150, as a very average estimate.