16th century Ragusian Cog 1:48 (Retro)MA950
Cog was a merchant and a warship of North, Mediterranean and Adriatic Seas. It had a tall main mast and, sometimes, short fore and mizzen masts. In the bow there was a massive forecastle with almost horizontal triangular deck.
One distinctive feature of this model is big hatches in the sides for loading horses and cattle as this was a vessel for transporting troops.
- Scale 1:48.
- Assembled length is 25.5" (650mm).
- Structural wooden parts are laser cut to simplify assembly. (There are 9 laser cut billets)
- Single plank-on-bulkhead hull. The hull planks are made of walnut.
- The sails are embroidered on the cloth.
- Brass cannons.
- Different diameters of tan threads for standing and running rigging.
- Ship stand with nameplate.
- Ship plans (two large sheets).
- Assembly instructions in English.
- This kit is designed for experienced builders.
- Made in Croatia by MarisStella.